Friday, June 13, 2008

Sucky Adventures in VT, Day 2

AKA: The Rehearsal Dinner

Wow. I'm working from notes I made at the church during the rehearsal. I'm exhausted so forgive the rambling. We met everyone at the italian restaurant. Bride and groom didn't say one freaking word to me or my husband! Nice! Nobody bothered to introduce us to any of the other people there, ie. bride's relatives and the rest of the bridal party. One of the bridesmaids asked if hubby was one of the groom's brothers! Have to give hubby props, he answered well: "As far as I know, I'm the only brother."

Just as an added treat, our dinners came out dead last!!!! I could not make this up people. Oh, and I had to pay for my own wine - plus no freaking dessert. Props to hubby again for something - he was talking to his mom and she mentioned one of the bride's relatives, then asked if we had met them. Hubby said, nope, nobody bothered to introduce us to anyone.

So, after that most assuredly lamest RD ever, we went to the church. Nice place, big, airy, very pretty, lots of plants. Still not one word of hello, how are you, so nice to see you, thanks so much for driving 8 hours up for our wedding! I find out that one of the bridesmaids is actually staying over at the bride's parents house! So, she was at dinner last night with everyone except us! Isn't that just superb?

I did learn one positive thing that I was scared about - I'm sitting in the front pew with hubby's mom/stepfather. So, I'm happy about that. So they practice the ceremony and such. I sit in a pew, writing my notes. At one point, I hear the bride talking to junior in the hallway. She was being sweet and nice, prepping him for tomorrow. Fine. Dandy. I got in my one PA shot when they did another runthrough of the ceremony. Everyone stood up to watch her come down the aisle and I sat on my slightly less fatter ass and ignored her.

So, about 8pm, I'm in the hallway and she finally walks past me and says something to me. Verbatim: Lisa, can you make sure to remind junior to walk slow tomorrow? I tried so hard not laugh in her face.

So then they are having punch and cookies. And groom is talking to hubby and junior, fine. Hubby's mother tries to introduce me to someone, I told her to stop. I said, its not your place to introduce us to people. Finally the bride's mom walked over to introduce herself to me. She even thanked me for doing so much for the bride, the scrapbook, the album, etc. Her hubby was chatting to my hubby and made minor small talk to me.

So then the guys all went out for a few beers. And the girls all went out with the bride. Of course, I wasn't invited, but the 16 year old sil was! Now, granted, I know I have the boy. But guess what? I could have left him with his grandmother for one hour (not a chance in hell I would have actually done that, but still).

Wedding is tomorrow. I'll be polite. But let me tell you, I'm done with them. This "issue" is going to have lasting repercussions on my part. I will be totally polite any time I see her but it will be a totally fake thing. And hubby knows it.

Let's see if brother in law ever bothers to apologize to me. And there's no way in hell I'm going out with them when they get back from their honeymoon.

0 comments: