Saturday, June 14, 2008

SA in VT, Day 3 - MAJOR ISSUE!

CASH BAR FOR THE RECEPTION! EXCEPT FOR THE WEDDING PARTY. HOLY SHIT PEOPLE CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THIS??????????

I've been teaching Junior to say "Margarita please" so he can get me drinks.

Here's my journaling for my future scrapbook page about this wedding fiasco:

Hotel: $435
Gas $500
Food & Drinks: $300
Being ignored and insulted at your brother in law's wedding: Priceless!!

I like it.

So I've been told that cash bar is norm for VT. I've been told that VT'ers are cold and unfriendly. Fine. What about social graces? Nobody raises their kids with mores and manners anymore?

Maybe I am overreacting to some minor offenses, but you know what? I'm noticing EVERY last little thing due to the initial insult Th night. And then the RD just compounded everything.

Hubby just walked out the room to go for a walk, because he's getting antsy about everything. I yelled out after him "well, at least you can drink at the wedding!". I think this is hysterical. Not even the wedding party spouses can drink. Just the bridal party. Oh, and my 5 year old.

I think I'm going to catch a ride after the church to the reception with someone because I really don't want to be in any wedding pics at this point. Oh, wait. I probably won't be anyway. Remember, in the agenda, the bride stated she wanted ONE picture of me, hubby and junior together. That probably means no pics for me!!!!

0 comments: