Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sucky Adventures in VT, Day 1

We left at 10:15 and got here by like 5:30ish. Not bad. Some random thoughts. Everything smells like cow shit. We drove through farmland for about 1.5 hours. Very pretty, looked like Amish country. Lots of silos, cows, horses. Even some goats. Then I saw a camel. Seriously. Yep, a camel. Like from the desert. Junior was laughing. I kept telling hubby, look a camel. He's all no way, there's no camels in VT, what are you smoking. I kept saying, look, look. He finally looks. We all went nuts laughing. Some VT farmer has a camel in with his cows. It's so funny!

So! Since we weren't invited (with the rest of the family)to dinner at the bride's parents house, we had to find a place to eat. We drove around for an additional 35 minutes because Darth Vader (hubby's GPS's voice) kept saying there were tons of restaurants in 2-3 miles. Well, don't give up your day job JEJ, we couldn't find anything. Finally, hubby asks me what I want to eat. I roll my eyes and ask him what his family was eating for dinner. Yes. I am a bitch. I can't stop commenting on the RUDENESS that is his family.

Plus I get pissy when I'm hungry. I mean seriously, does he not remember I have blood sugar issues! So, we ate dinner (70 freaking dollars we could have saved, had we been invited to dinner) and came back to the hotel to swim. Around 9:30 his mommy calls and says they are on their way back to the hotel from the bride's parents house. Isn't that sweet?

So he took the boy down the hall to say hello. I am in the room blogging about how much I can't stand his family. I can't wait to find out if his mom says anything. I don't think she told BIL and fiance that we are pissed off. Because BIL would have called hubby with a flimsy weak excuse.

Tomorrow we are sight seeing in the morn, then have the RD at 4:30. My plan is to ignore the bride and groom as much as possible and let them have a nice weekend. Because if they come near me, I won't be responsible for my actions. I told hubby this, and he fully understands. I also told him that if his mom or bil ask him about the 'issue', he is to us the policy line: "my wife and I are both insulted" because if he doesn't and he throws me under the bus, he's never getting laid again. And he knows me well enough by now to know I mean it.

Stay tuned for Sucky Adventures in VT, Day 2!

2 comments:

CindyLV said...

Oh Lisa! I've missed your voice! This report of the trip from h-e-double toothpicks reminds me of a family outing in Chicago. During family photos of my siblings and spouses, my SIL declares loudly, "Could you get out of the picture? This is just for the "kids with kids." Now, out of everyone in my family, I've wanted kids more than anyone. In '96 I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and had an emergency hysterectomy. I can't have kids and everyone knows that. But to shout it out and banish me from the picture???? Yeesch! Hey, she'd fit right in with your inlaws!!! LOL!

Also reminds me of my MIL pointedly calling me "Daisy", when my name is "Cindy" and always has been. "Daisy" is the name of the dog that died about 10 years ago!

Lisa said...

Cindy love!! I know, I missed my voice too, hence the comeback. Your SIL is a witch, plain and simple.