Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And so it begins!!

Get this: The wedding is Saturday. We (me, hubby and junior) are driving up tomorrow - Thursday. MIL, her hubby and the teenage SIL are driving up tomorrow as well. The bride's parents invited MIL and family over for dinner tomorrow night. We (the groom's brother and family) were not invited over. We are the only family members of the groom who are coming in on Thursday. I am LIVID. I think the bride's family should have invited us over as well. Hubby thinks I'm overreacting. Well, tough shit. He's being slighted - as per usual. BIL is the golden haired child and my husband is the black sheep. I am super pissed.

Update: I called MIL. Now, you know its got to be bad if I willingly called my mother in law. She said she didn't know why we weren't invited, but maybe the bride's parents didn't realize we would be in VT on Thursday. I agreed that maybe that was the case, but the groom, MY HUSBAND'S BROTHER knew we were coming up and he should have said something.

Who am I kidding. This is the guy that had us over for Easter with no snacks. Oh, I miss that post. Don't you all?

0 comments: