Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, last week at CVS

I went in with my lists and my coupons and I attempted to purchase several items that were on sale in the circular and generating ECBs. Well, the cashier (S) saw my coupons for shaving gel and said he needed to check with the manager. Ok. A few minutes later he comes up and says, oh, we can't take these. I ask him why. He says because the manager said so. Uh-huh. I explained that answer won't work for me and he calls the manager to the front. Let's call her B.

B takes one look at the coupons (all internet printed) and tells me they look fake. I was so shocked, I asked her if she was insuinating I created fake coupons, because that was very insulting. She says no, maybe I didn't create them but they look fake and she won't accept them. I ask her why they look fake and she can't give me an answer. She just hemmed and hawed and then said that management doesn't have to take any coupons they don't want too. Right.

I left my items on the counter and went to my car in the parking lot. I then dialed the magic number! 1-800-SHOP-CVS!

I spoke with a very nice midwestern lady who was completely and utterly shocked that the MANAGER didn't even bother to swipe the coupons and just flat out refused to accept them. We chatted for a few more mins, then she put me on hold to call B, and then the district manager.

How many times do you think I asked out loud : Who the fuck does she think she's messing with? So the customer service lady came back and told me she just spoke to B, who admitted that she didn't swipe the coupons. This part is funny. Then she says, B wasn't very nice at all. I was cracking up. So she told me to wait a few minutes and go back to purchase my items. I told her I would call her if I had any additional problems.

I called hubby while waiting the few mins and he was cracking up. He likes when I get all riled up. I think it turns him on. So I go back inside and walk brazenly over to S. I tell him I'm here to get my items. He glares at me without saying a word and rings me up. I wordlessly hand him my coupons, one at a time. I purchased 3 razors, 2 shaving gels, some gum and 2 body washes. My total came to 25 cents. After he handed me my receipt I cheerfully wished him a good day!

I mean really, when will these people learn?

0 comments: