Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A few choice moments

Totally forgot to finish this post! Ok, so a few choice moments from our trip to the inlaws last month. Yes, its November already. I must make am effort to keep up to date with my blog. Sorry!

After a particularly long praise Jesus pre lunch speech, hubby's cousin made the funniest comment. I had to bite my tongue to keep from responding. They were talking about a cousin that neither had seen in such a long time. Cousin told Hubby that once Cousin X became a 7th Day Adventist, all he talked about what was his religion, how it was the one true religion, etc etc. Cousin said how annoying that was! I rolled my eyes and stuffed another slice of turkey in my mouth.

Um, hello? Pot? Meet Kettle. YOU and your family do the same fucking thing, just with another religion!! Then, not 3 minutes later, I shit you not, his wife pissed me off royally. Someone passed a plate of cold cuts past me and I said to my husband, oh the ham looks good. WELL, you would have thought I raised the Old Testament up in the air and screamed down with the Christians. She says (loudly) YOUR'E JEWISH! YOU CAN'T EAT HAM!!!!!!!

Complete silence at the table. Lov-ely, no? Good thing I am so polite, I just graciously smiled. HA. Ooooh, god my skin is boiling now just thinking about it.

Ok. So then the boys go practice target shooting - totally totally funny as Junior shot better then hubby and hubby's brother. Must be because he's a ham eating Jew!

MIL and SFIL went out to the gas station to return a melted tub of ice cream. (No clue people)So I was left alone with my 2 sister in laws. I sat in the living room doing crossword puzzles until they decided to make a nice cup of tea. We had NOTHING to discuss. Boring!

Then we went to The Grand Canyon of PA. OMG. Totally hysterical side point - some, well a lot, of NJ Harley Riders were there. I wanted to go hang out with them instead. There was a maple sugar stand there and VT sil went bonkers buying maple sugar cotton candy, salad dressing, ice cream, tea, etc.

This morning, I mentioned maple something and Junior threw his hands in the air and says why does she always get so excited about maple stuff, who cares. I asked him who he was talking about and he said Aunt X! I was dying!

Ok, then Saturday night, bil started a bonfire. Because that's what they do for fun in the country. Either that or tip cows, and they don't have cows, so they did a bonfire. I let Junior cook 2 marshmallows and then took him to our "cottage" for bed. Hubby said to me, oh, put him down and then come back. (It was like 8pm) I just cracked up and said no thanks.

The next day was Sunday. Hubby says oh, we will leave to drive home at noon so we can spend the morning with my family. I tell him, everyone will go to church so we should be ready to leave at 9am. He's like, no, no they won't. Guess who was right? We took a group pic on the stairs, and then they all caravanned to Church and we left. Thank GOD! Or whoever lives up there!

Hopefully I don't have to do that again for another 5 years.

1 comments:

Officer Mom said...

LOL. You should really write a book.