Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Jew goes to Pennsylvania

Not to be confused with A Tree grows in Brooklyn. So we just got back today from our uneventful weekend with the inlaws. Now, before I start, let me stress that I am not blessed with brevity so put the kids to bed, feed the hubby and make yourself a strong drink.

Back? Ok, good. Let's start with lunch on Friday. We stopped about 1.5 hours from the inlaws at a Denny's for lunch. I ordered soup and a salad. The soup was white clam chowder. First of all, Gordon Ramsay would have had a heart attack when he saw how the bowl looked! Nobody cleaned up the rims! Gordon SCREAMS at the chefs about that at least 2 times an episode. Ok, I can get over that, but the soup? Um. Chowder? Nope. It was white water with like 3 peas and a chunk of carrot in it. It.Was.Horrible. Then I get a nice salad with grilled chicken. I had asked for blue cheese dressing on the side. It came in a small bowl, spilling out and over the side. Fine, fine, I was at Denny's not the Four Seasons as my hubby kept telling me. But, the blue cheese dressing had specks in it. Little black specs. I had no clue what they were, and it certainly didn't taste like blue cheese dressing.

Suffice to say, I ain't eating at Denny's anymore. However, Junior did like the little packet of blue sugar crystals that turned his water blue. Cute.

More later.

2 comments:

Officer Mom said...

OH Lisa. You I always enjoy the inlaw stories. I can't wait to hear the rest of it :) hugs, Liz

Officer Mom said...

I am giving you an award. I hope you will check it out at http://tinyurl.com/3r8f9n

Hugs, Liz